Wednesday 1 October 2014

Aynhoe Park

Earlier this month I worked at a venue called Aynhoe Park and I thought I'd include it on this blog as it was a surprisingly creative house, juxtaposing historical art with modern art, along with beautiful rooms, furniture and flowers. The house is filled with taxonomy and although I don't agree with the practice of killing wild animals for display, I do think these were incredible preservations of nature and it was amazing to be able to get that close to these beautiful animals. Also some taxidermy uses naturally dead animals, in which case I think it is great to keep them as a  3D history of the worlds animals. They had some great juxtapositions including a real size light up McDonalds sign hanging on the wall directly opposite a Jesus Christ statue. Two worshipped symbols. At the time I was working there, there was about ten globes along the dining table in various sizes and the 'tv room' was filled with TV memorabilia including life size darlek and tin tin models along with frame to frame black and white photography of the glamorous. In my favourite room the windows seemed two stories high and along with a hanging real life giraffe held up by a huge bunch of balloons was gigantic silver disco balls...



  




To learn more about the park visit... http://www.aynhoepark.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment